Chrysler Repair/no oil pressure at 1500 or 3000rpm

QUESTION: what can cause low oil pressure while driving (10 to 20 psi idling,warm) other than crank and bearings and oil pump on 2006 Charger 2.7?

ANSWER: Hi William.
The spec for oil pressure is that it should be at least 5 psi at idle, and 45-105 psi at 3,000 rpm. So it would appear you don't have an issue with idle psi. Measure at 3,000 if you are still concerned.
Sorry for the delay in answering as I just found your question in the 'pool' to which the other expert, Kevin, had referred it.
Please "rate" my answer (see below).

QUESTION: Good pressure at idle but goes  away  driving. Raising rpm does not correct.
Turn the engine off and immediately restart yields  pressure but soon goes away at any rpm.
I did not plastigage the new crank kit. Was that an error?
Could the new pump be an issue ?

Hi William,
The shop manual discusses the main bearing fitting procedure. I can copy that and attach it to an email I will send to you directly. If you didn't notice this aspect is may be the cause of your situation. When you tell me your address don't use the @ symbol but instead use "at", otherwise the address will be erased.
I am not expert in engine rebuilding so you might speak to a local engine rebuilder near you.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below). I would appreciate a 'nomination'.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).