Chrysler Repair/oil in coolant: radiator leak??

Question
i have a 00 chry 300m 3.5 liter  and i have had an overheating problem and have replaced the fans n t-stat witch seem to help 4 a while then it started again but now it boils over and it has oil mixed in the coolant but no coolant in the oil  1 so im thinking that the oil cooler in the radiator is leaking ?  the car runs fine and i don't see any sighs of a blown head gasket .  2 I'm not sure how to get all the oil out before installing new parts (water hose and bars flush not doing it# 3 after removing upper oil cooler line now theres water in the oil#but not 30 mins before) would appreciate some advice

Answer
Hi Chris,
There are possible connections of  coolant water to oil passageways across the head gasket, and of course there can be coolant water to combustion chamber which you don't have yet unless you start getting white smoke out the tail pipe in excess. The radiator's second core is for transmission fluid cooling, not engine oil cooling. So see what the transmission dipstick looks like (foamy, color of trans fluid?) and then compare that color to the oil color in the water coolant. If the color is brown and not similar to the color of the trans fluid then I would believe you do have a gasket leak at the engine head/block interface that is not communicating into the combustion chambers. Let me know what you learn.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston