Chrysler Repair/relay starter for Chrysler 300 2005

Went to start my car and it started and cut out when I tryed to re start it won't cut on. I can hear click from fuse box I have the starter relay just don't know where the relay fuse is in box. Can u tell me where is the relay fuse.

Hi Brandi,
The fuse actuation coil is powered by fuse 10 (5 amp) and so long as the relay clicks that fuse is fine. The important current that passes through the relay points and goes to the starter's solenoid switch (which is what clicks loudly) at the starter comes from fuse 20 (20 amp) so that would be the one to check first. If it is good then either the starter relay's internal points are oxidized/corroded or the yellow/gray wire from the relay socket pin 87 to the starter solenoid is 'open' (the wire color changes along the way and is light green at the starter solenoid), or the solenoid switch at the starter isn't responding even though it is getting current from the relay points. You could check at the starter motor light green wire to see it is shows 12v when the relay clicks. Or you could check for continuity between the relay socket pin 87 (which is the middle one of the three pins that are side-by-side)and the place where the light green wire attaches at the starter proper. If it shows 12v and/or the wire is continuous, but the starter won't activate, then the starter solenoid switch is bad or the stater armature is not connecting well to the brushes inside. You could then try tapping on the side of the starter motor with a hammer while a helper tries the key in the start position to see if you can 'jar' the starter into action.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).