Chrysler Repair/side power door lock not unlocking: T&C

my wife has a 2001 chrysler t&c lxi and the passenger side door will not unlock(have tried with the button and by hand) any ideas how i can get it to unlock?

Hi Gary,
In theory all the mechanical approaches that you have tried should work which leaves two possible approaches: remove the inner door panel and peel back the water sheeting (dam), then try to manipulate the latch by hand by reaching inside the door to the latch mechanism; or the electronic approach to try to unlock the latch mechanism, which doesn't seem to be working either. If we assume that the two wires from the body computer to the latch motor are connected to the body computer and that the body computer is putting out the voltage/ground on the two wires, reversing the polarity to lock/unlock the latch, then trying to jumper voltage to the body computer plug where those wires are located will probably not yield a positive result.  
I suspect that the failure of the latch to unlock is mechanical within the latch mechanism proper since nothing you have tried will release it. Have you tried spraying some silicone lubricant into the space between the edge of the door and door frame at the latch/striker interface, and then with all the possible mechanicals in the their 'open' position, push from the inside of the van on the door to see if the latch might unstick? If that doesn't work then the only solution would seem to be to remove the inner door trim panel. The question I would have is whether you have access to the screws under the map pocket to release the lower edge of the trim panel. Take a look at that issue. Then I can list all the other steps to get the panel off the door.
Those are my thoughts at this time.
I notice that you rated/nominated me already. Many

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).