Chrysler Repair/Sliding door on town and country

Hello. Both sliding doors on our 2006 town and country are not working. One will open and close manually, which is not that much of a problem. The other will not open manually or withi the motor. When we try, it moves about half an inch then stops, as if stuck on something. The it powers closed again. I have tried to force it but feel like I will break it if I force it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Robert,
The '06 manual has 21 pages about the sliding door system. The first 10 describe how it works, how to test and diagnose the problems, etc. The remaining pages then discuss all the parts and describe how to remove/install/adjust them, part by part. I would be pleased to copy the first 10 pages off the CD, and then once you have a better understanding and can identify which individual parts are involved with the problem I can copy those as well later. Let us deal with one door at a time, so decide which one we should focus on.
To do that I need to know your email address so I can attach the pages to an email I will send directly. When you tell me the address via a follow-up question, don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address is erased automatically.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).