Chrysler Repair/starting problem: '96 T & C

Question
Hi! About 2 weeks ago my '96 Town & Country started to have a problem starting. I will turn the key and everything would come on, but it will not even attempt to crank. After turning the key 4 or 5 times, it will start normally. If I drive it for awhile and turn it off, after a short while, it will start OK, but if it sits longer than an hour or longer, the same problem happens. Got an idea? Thank you very much.

Answer
It could either be the starter motor relay not being actuated or the starter solenoid switch/starter motor/battery is weak. Next time this happens have a helper try the key while you open the power distribution box in the engine compartment to check to listen/touch the starter motor relay to see if it is clicking or not. That relay is the 5th in a row counting from the front of the box. If it is clicking then do you also hear the starter motor click simultaneously?
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston