Chrysler Repair/stuck crank sensor

Question
1999 cirrus 2.5    no more than .3 volts on signal wire while cranking slow   sensor is stuck and I don't want to break it ! any ideas ?

Answer
Hi Tim,
The way to check a rotational sensor is to turn the crankshaft by hand. Is that what you meant by 'slow'? If so, then it probably has failed if it doesn't oscillate between 5 and 0.3V. If you remove the screw that holds it in place it should pull out of its socket. If it doesn't show that oscillation voltage pattern then it probably is broken anyway so don't try to 'save' it.
Sorry for the delay in answering but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston