Chrysler Repair/stuck crank sensor

1999 cirrus 2.5    no more than .3 volts on signal wire while cranking slow   sensor is stuck and I don't want to break it ! any ideas ?

Hi Tim,
The way to check a rotational sensor is to turn the crankshaft by hand. Is that what you meant by 'slow'? If so, then it probably has failed if it doesn't oscillate between 5 and 0.3V. If you remove the screw that holds it in place it should pull out of its socket. If it doesn't show that oscillation voltage pattern then it probably is broken anyway so don't try to 'save' it.
Sorry for the delay in answering but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).