Chrysler Repair/transmission controller fault

dodge ram 1500 /5.7 4x4 auto.trans. started to slip and shift funny took to shop put on code box it read transmission controller fault and egr poistion censor trans has 136000 miles on it should i fix or replace???

Hi Joseph,
Can you tell me or get from the repair shop the exact 4-digit fault code numbers that were obtained?
Perhaps they are listed on the repair recept and if not call and speak to the mechanic who saw the numbers on the fault code reader. I can then be more accurate in telling you what to do next.
Also tell me the 'year' of the truck.
The codes are very specific and so having the exact number is very important in deciding how to deal with the problems. If they don't recall the numbers ask them to read it again, for free, so you know what the 4-digit numbers are. Please let me know the numbers and year of the truck and we will go on from that point.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).