Chrysler Repair/transmission controller fault

Question
dodge ram 1500 /5.7 4x4 auto.trans. started to slip and shift funny took to shop put on code box it read transmission controller fault and egr poistion censor trans has 136000 miles on it should i fix or replace???

Answer
Hi Joseph,
Can you tell me or get from the repair shop the exact 4-digit fault code numbers that were obtained?
Perhaps they are listed on the repair recept and if not call and speak to the mechanic who saw the numbers on the fault code reader. I can then be more accurate in telling you what to do next.
Also tell me the 'year' of the truck.
The codes are very specific and so having the exact number is very important in deciding how to deal with the problems. If they don't recall the numbers ask them to read it again, for free, so you know what the 4-digit numbers are. Please let me know the numbers and year of the truck and we will go on from that point.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston