Chrysler Repair/'89 New Yorker 3.0 fuel sys. prob.

Question
replaced pump and filter cleaned out tank repl. plugs wires router and cap . still not starting without being primed and is running rough. please help thanks.

Answer
Hi Pete,
Have you done the fault code readout using the ignition key:"on-off-on-off-on and leavo on, doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time? Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'on', to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then let me know counts in order of appearance and we'll go from there.
One possible cause for no start that might require 'priming' is that the exhaust gas recirculation valve is stuck slightly ajar which leans out the mixture too much to start or idle. That valve is located near the oil fill cap, just below it at the front corner of the engine, and is mounted on top of the exhaust pipe that leaves the front exhaust manifold and routes to the rear, across the front of the engine. The valve has a vacuum line at the round top-piece, and between that top and the body of valve mounted on the exhaust pipe you will see a flange with a  slightly hidden rod that runs between the top and the body. The rod has a circumferential slot in to which you can insert the tip of a screwdriver and thus move the rod back and forth. You will notice internal spring-action tries to close the valve to a dead stop. Exhaust debris can build-up on the valve stem/seat and keep it from closing tightly. So spray sone WD-40 on the stem where it enters the valve body and then exercise the stem some more. Then try and start the engine and see if that corrects your problem.
Let me know the results as well as the fault code readout numbers.
Any other history to this problem? Does it run well when warmed up, does it stall when slowing down? Or maybe you can't even get it to start and run long enough.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston