Chrysler Repair/Is a '94 3.5L transplantable to an '00 Concorde?

Question
We have a 2000 Concorde with a bad 3.5 engine. We have found a good running 94 model 3.5 Chrysler engine. We only need the long block. Will this exchange be possible i.e.use the same crank sensor,cam sensor,accessories, trans bolt holes etc?
The unit is from a similar car and except for the intake area looks similar.

Answer
Hi Robert,
Those engines, although both 3.5L are quite different. The '94 has a cast iron block and is shown as the letter 'F' in the 8th position of the VIN while the '00 one has an aluminum block and is shown as a "G" in the VIN of the vehicle. So although they were both fitted into the LH body cars I would have my doubts that you will be able to sucessfully tranplant the older engine into the newer vehicle without running into many mechanical mismatches and electronic control differences. So I would start around '98 when I believe the aluminum block engine was introduced to look for a replacement and the VIN of the donor should show "G" in the 8th position of the VIN. Good luck on the search.
I would appreciate your rating my answer and giving me a nomination for "volunteer of the month" (see the PS below).
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston