Chrysler Repair/'00 LHS: gear shift cable adjustment

Question
QUESTION: After replacing my shifter cable my car would not shift into 4 gear. Would i have to ajust it or did i ruin my transmition? Any advice is greatly appriciated

ANSWER: What is the year/make/model/body style, and is this a manual or and automatic tramsmission
and if an automatic what are the gear choices shown on the gear shift/cluster? Did you do this change out yourself or did a shop do it?
I need more information to answer your question.

QUESTION: It is a 2000 chystler lhs, automatic. Park,reverse, nutrol, drive, 3, l. A friend of mine did it for me.

Answer
Hi Angela,
There is an adjustment procedure that can be done by the friend.
Is this a floor mounted shift lever or a steering column mounted shifter?
I can copy the page that shows how to do that and attach it to and email I will send to you directly. But I need to know your email address. So tell me that in another follow-up question but don't use the @ symbol, instead us 'at', otherwise the address will be automatically erased.
I suspect there is a bit of free play in the cable such that when you put it in D it actually only is in '3'. So if that can be corrected it should be normal where you will get all 4 forward gears.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS, below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston