Chrysler Repair/code 24: HVAC unit in LH vehicle

How do I fix code 24. Heat and air only blows thur the vents.

Hi Stacy,
What is the year/make of your LH-body vehicle, and does it have the manual controls or the automatic temperature control?
The code 24 indeed says that the electricak circuit that moves the door which shifts the air distribution around to different outlets has noticed that one of the connections between the actuator that moves the door and the body control unit that is trying to find out where the door is positioned is not apparently connected. Either the actuator or the wire is not working as it should.
As I await word about your vehicle you could try to do a self-calibration of the unit to see if that might correct the issue. Turn on the engine. Then turn on the controller if you have the ATC unit, and if not, in either case, then set the temp for full cold for two minutes and then full hot for 5 minutes. Then test the air distribution function to see if it has self-corrected. If not, then after you tell me the year and the type of control panel you have I can tell you how to access the actuator to check the wire connection and how to remove and replace that mode actuator.
Thanks for the rating and the nomination!

PS I can send you the page from the manual which shows the actuator and describes how to access it. So tell me your email address in the follow-up question only don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address will be automatically erased and I won't see it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).