Chrysler Repair/coolant leak and climate button

Question
Hello, Mr. Finston. I don't know if the coolant leak on my 1994 Chrysler Town & Country minivan is a bad water pump or a bad hose. I hope it is a bad radiator hose. Don't want to waste more money on more 50/50 anti-freeze. Unfortunately for the current time a snow storm (now ended) had hindered further efforts. Have to wait maybe three or days for the snow (8-inch accumulation) to melt. It'll probably be the middle of this week before I can do something. If opportunity is presented, I plan to use a pocket camcorder to record the source of the leak. I haven't driven long enough or far enough to let it get real hot, but the leaks that I had observed is in the front, and the flow is between fast dripping and slow streaming. The weather will be warmer in the later week, and I'll start using water to monitor the leak. I hope it is a bad hose.
         The push button above the climate slide switch that illuminates a blue light. What is that button for? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Adonis,
You didn't mention which engine you have but if it is a 3.3/3.8L then it could either be the water pump or the hose attached to the water pump. If the pump leaks it usually will drip down from the shaft where the pulley is located, while the hose will leak where it is clamped to the pump so looking closely will probably reveal it. At least it may be an 'external' pump that is much more easily removed than if it were driven by the timing belt which the next generation of engines is designed to do, and is much more lengthy a process, if it is the water pump that is leaking. Let me know what you determine.
The manual I have is in black and white and I can't identify the light of which you write.
Did you happen to get an owner's manual?
Good to hear from you again, Adonis. Please feel free to 'rate/nominate' me again.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston