Chrysler Repair/engine 'knocking": rocker arm service? 3.5L

I read a response about a temporary gap between the valve stem and the rocker arm.  Well, one of my problems is, at least one of the non-adjusting [lash adjuster plastic] retaining caps is broken and needs replacing.  It is the little piece on the rocker that effectively goes between the rocker and valve stem.  I figure I want to replace all 24 as they have over 170,000 miles.  Certainly they must be available somewhere without buying the rocker [assembly/ies].  Maybe a manufacturer?  If so, where?  I've found some exploded views of the area on the Internet, but none have separated that piece from the rocker.

2001 Chrysler 300M 3.5L  (I've used synthetic oil all the life of the car.)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi Jim,
As I read the Chrysler service manual about the 3.5L rocker arms I get the distinct inpression that these are so complex such that replacing individual parts is not likely to be a satisfactory solution to one sub-part being worn. That is probably why they don't sell the plastic retainer caps but instead recommend rocker arm replacement. You may get an answer from an engine rebuilding shop if there is one nearby that you can visit. But it seems a better idea to replace a known faulty rocker with a new one rather that to try and replace that specific part on all the other 23 rocker arms, prophylactically.
If you determine that there is such a part source and that it is likely to be a successful transplant project do let me know.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).