Chrysler Repair/heater problems

Hi I have an 2004 grand voyager 2.8crd limited xs, my heating is blowing hot air on the drivers side and freezing cold air on the passenger side.

Has any one had these same problems and how do i rectify it.

Hi Vijay,
There are two 'blend' doors inside the air distribution box under the dash which control the flow of air through the box to the driver or the passenger side. The doors each have an electrical actuator which moves the door to vary the air flow between the heater coil and the ac cooler coil (blend the air) according to your request. Probably either the acuator for the passenger side has failed or the door itself is stuck in the cold position.
You can gain access to the actuators to observe their motion as you change your temperature request and note whether the actuator for the passenger side 'blend' door has failed to move. If so, you can remove the actuator for checking to see if the door is stuck and if not then actuator replacement after also observing for signs of any damage to the wires. If the passenger actuator moves, then it may not be connected to the door inside the box due to mechanical detachment.
The best way for me to give you the details would be to copy the pages from the shop manual which I have on a CD and attach those to an email that I would send to you directly. If you wnat those, tell me your email address in a follow-up question to me, but don't use the @ symbol but rather use "at", otherwise your address will be automatically erased and I won't see it.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).