Chrysler Repair/location of crankshaft position sensor: 2.4L dohc

Hello. I have a 2004 chrysler sebring/dohc/2.4 liter/4 door sedan. Engine light was on. Checked codes (2). Codes were Cam and Crank position sensors. I changed the Camshaft sensor. Pretty easy. But i cannot find the Crank sensor. Everyone is telling me its located in the front of engine, down low. Then i here its up and behind the starter. I have a feeling you can help me. Thank you.

Hi Collins,
It is NEAR the front of the engine alright (just to the rear of the drive belts), but actually it is mounted on the side of the engine that faces the firewall, down low just above the oil pan lip. The oil pressure sensor is nearby, up above it and a bit to the rear, and it appears they share the same harness. So look for that common harness that descends down and a bit forward from the oil pressure sensor to connect to the crank position sensor's plug. You will probably best access it by jacking up the right front wheel and going in from underneath. The plug has 3 wires: violet/white, black/light blue, gray/black.  
Please "rate/nominate" my answer/me (see the PS below).Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).