Chrysler Repair/location of crankshaft position sensor: 2.4L dohc

Question
Hello. I have a 2004 chrysler sebring/dohc/2.4 liter/4 door sedan. Engine light was on. Checked codes (2). Codes were Cam and Crank position sensors. I changed the Camshaft sensor. Pretty easy. But i cannot find the Crank sensor. Everyone is telling me its located in the front of engine, down low. Then i here its up and behind the starter. I have a feeling you can help me. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Collins,
It is NEAR the front of the engine alright (just to the rear of the drive belts), but actually it is mounted on the side of the engine that faces the firewall, down low just above the oil pan lip. The oil pressure sensor is nearby, up above it and a bit to the rear, and it appears they share the same harness. So look for that common harness that descends down and a bit forward from the oil pressure sensor to connect to the crank position sensor's plug. You will probably best access it by jacking up the right front wheel and going in from underneath. The plug has 3 wires: violet/white, black/light blue, gray/black.  
Please "rate/nominate" my answer/me (see the PS below).Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston