Chrysler Repair/power door lock ln '05 T & C

Question
I have a 2005 Chrysler town and country.  The power locks work on every door but one - the driver rear. I have taken out the IOD fuse to reset but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

Answer
Hi Amy,
The power lock is moved by an integral 'motor' in the door latch assembly. The motor has two wires that come to it from the body control module which is located under the dash on the left side. This is the 'brain' of all the electronics for the body and hase 5 multipin plugs. The body control module applies 12 volts in one polarity to those two wires to lock and reverses the voltage polarity to unlock the lock. Because all the doors use the same idea they are wired similarly to each other and the whole system is powered by a fuse or two. So if all the locks but one work then the problem has to be in either the wires from the bcm to that specific lock motor or the lock motor itself has failed.
Probably the best approach would be to remove the trim panel from the inside of the door, and then remove the latch mechaniam. Then you would use a volt meter or 'glow' light to test whether voltage is arriving at the motor properly. If it is and yet you get no response then the motor needs to be replaced. If voltage isn't reaching the motor then you have to trace along the pathway of the wires from the bcm to the door lock motor to find which wire is broken and where along the pathway it has done so. There are a couple of 'disconnects' along the path which once found can be used to see whether the voltage has arrived there or not and thus breakdown the job into 3 segments of each of the two wires.
If you would like a few pages that show how to remove the trim panel and the latch mechanism and the wiring diagram I can copy those from a manual that I have on a CD. So tell me your email address and then I can attach those pages to an email I will send to you. Don't use the @ symbol when you tell me your address but rather use "at". otherwise the address get erased automatically.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston