Chrysler Repair/Radiator fan is not working

Question
05 town and country 3.3  the radiator  fan does not work.If i turn the A/C on both fans work.I change the temperature sensor,because I disconnected the sensor conector and the fans worked.I checked the relay i grounded the dark blue/violet and the fan works.I checked the wiring;brn/vio from pcm to ipm,the dk blu/vio from ipm to radiator fan relay,the vio/org from pcm to coolant sensor the dk blu/dk grn from coolant sensor to pcm also i checked continuity in the ipm ; I put ground in the brn/ vio pin( conector disconnected)and checked the dk blu/vio it is ok.The fans work in either way; with the a/c on,grounding the dk blu/vio wire or disconnecting the coolant sensor.I check the two radiator hoses and both are hot,that is why i did not changed the thermostat.The four wires in the cooling fan relay blk/dk grn(ground) org/red(power at all time)dk blu/dk grn (send power to the fan motors) dk blu/vio (not receiving signal GROUND from PCM).Any help ? THANKS

Answer
Hi Mario,
If the fans work when the A/C is requested then there is nothing the matter with the fan circuit.
It may be that either the temperature of the coolant is not reaching the temp which would provoke the pcm to call for them (220F/104C), or possibly that there is air trapped in the thermostat housing which is causing the sensor not to be fully immersed in the engine coolant but that is not typically a problem in the 3.3/3.8L engine.
How hot is the temp gauge shown as you have been running the engine, lately?
It may be that the weather is cold enough that the radiator alone is keeping the coolant below the temp where it requests the help of the fans (220F/104C). So if you haven't seen the temp gauge go above 3/4 scale and you haven't experienced any steaming coming from the overlow bottle there may be nothing wrong with the sensor OR the fans. Let me know the answer to my question and we can go further.
Please "rate" my answer (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston