Chrysler Repair/rear wiper and rear vent window: '94 T&C

Question
I recently purchased a 1994 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. The rear driver side vent window will not open; the opposite side opens, but not the driver side. The rear wiper will not operate. Button will light up when pressed, but the rear wiper will remain completely stationary. The front wipers works perfectly with all levels of speed fully functional. Is there a short in the circuitry? Do I need to replace the wiper motor? I can worry about the rear vent window at a later time. My main concern for now is that rear wiper. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Adonis,
I have the '93 and '95 manuals and their circuits are virtually identical for the rear wiper motor/washer. It begins with fuse #13 (20 amp) in the fuse box that is under the dash. So look at that fuse for the possibility of its being blown or having a subtle crack in its internal wire. If that proves OK, then you could check whether the fuse is showing 12V voltage on both contacts when the key is in the 'run' position. If it is then you would want to remove the trim panel from liftgate located below the window and find on the right side of the gate, inside the gate there is the module for the rear viper washer. It has an 8-pin plug with 6 wires. The brown/pink wire should show 12v as that one is coming from fuse #13. So when the fuse is 'hot', that wire should also be so. Let me know if you need to remove the trim panel as there are about 7 steps to doing that correctly.
Let me know how these tests work out and we can go on from there if necessary.
On the rear vent windows, both are supplied by the same fuse, but have separate wires that leave the switch and run to the rear. So that either has to be the wires or the motor and we can address that analysis later.
Thanks so much for the rating and nomination, Adonis.
Thanks,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston