Chrysler Repair/'00 Sebring Convert.: turn/hazard lights don't work

QUESTION: I am trying to figure out where the lighting control module is located on my 2000 Chrysler sebring convertible. I have the dash pulled out right now and trying to see if it is there. Thank yoh

ANSWER: Hi Ashley,
I am not sure what you mean by 'lighting control module' as I don't believe there is a separate module for just the lighting circuits. Perhaps you mean the body control module which does include lighting functions in its operation. That is located on the back side of the junction block (cabin fuse panel on the left hand end of the dash behind the end cap. If you remove the under dash panel and look up from underneath you will see it attached to that fuse panel. It has 4 multi-pin plugs.
What is the lighting issue you are trying to solve?
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

QUESTION: The turn signals and hazards are no longer blinking and I bought a piece that is called a lighting control module/turn signal relay that looks like a black box and has 4 prongs.

Hi Ashley,
If the black box you bought has 5 prongs then that is called the multi-flasher and it is located under the steering column cover as a part of the multifunction switch assembly.
Before you do anything about that I would suggest that you check fuse # 6 (20 amp) in the power box in the engine compartment and also fuse #15 (10 amp) in the junction block (fuse box behind the left hand end cap of the dash). If both of those fuses are good then you can access the multi-function switch and flasher by:
Remove the three screws on the under side of the steering column cover.
Then loosen the lower part of the entire instrument cover hood for clearance by;
removing the left cap of the dash, tilt the column to the lowest position, remove the bezel on the center of the dash (where the radio and ac panel are located, it simply pries off gently), then remove the 4 screws revealed behind that bezel, remove the one screw revealed when you took off the left end cap of the dash. That should allow you to wiggle off the upper shroud of the steering column. Then you can pull out the multi-flasher if indeed both of the fuses are good.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).