Chrysler Repair/2006 town and country 3.3 stow and go

I replaced the fuel pump and when i went to start, it wouldnt. I cleared the codes and it said fuel system was ready, I tried to start again and still wont start. When i first turn on key the ser-eng light blinks 10 times and then stops. reread codes and it came up with PO700 MOD 10 & PO562 MOD 18 Is there something wrong with what I have done. Thank you for your help

Hi Roger,
The 0562 says that the battery voltage (and thus the starting system voltage as well) is too low. So check for the possibility of a short to ground on any of the wires that you were dealing with for the fuel pump replacement. And check the off-draw current if you have an ammeter, measuring between the -post clamp and the -post proper with everything 'off'. It should be about 35 mA normally after waiting for 20 minutes since disconnecting the battery to do the measurement.
The 0700 says there is some other code stored relating to the transmission, but you would likely need to get the code with a plug-in code reader, for free at an Autozone or about $40 at an independent shop, after you get the engine to start.
Do you hear the fuel pump hum for about a second when you turn the key to 'run' position? If so, that is the correct behavior. It hums again when your turn the key to the start position but you can always hear that over the starter motor noise.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).