Chrysler Repair/'89 Infinity speakers

Question
I have a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker Landau that has been in my  family since purchased new. It has an infinity radio system I have an issue with in the speaker in the front passenger door. It cuts in and out, and seems to comes on louder than the rest of the speakers in the car. Sometimes all you hear out of it is an occasional clicking or arcing sound, like there is a bad connection. It is very distracting or annoying when driving.

I have had the speaker out and turned it, or gently tapped on it and it will come on or cut out, so I feel I have pretty well determined that it is the speaker and not some other connection.

Where can I locate a speaker to replace it? Is there another problem that the rest of the speakers do not seem as loud as this one when it does decide to work? The car is in really nice condition as it has only has 87,000 miles on it so I hope to drive it for some time yet.

Answer
Hi Everett,
These speakers have 4 wires and were used between '87 and '90. I would look for a replacement at a wrecking yard in a car with the Infinity system and then see how it all works. You would want to get that specific speaker as otherwise it won't match up.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PD below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston