Chrysler Repair/'89 New Yorker: digital communication problem

Sorry Roland I had to get to my days off to continue with you.
Now when you say cluster help me understand what you are referring to?
there isn't really anything that happens on the test it does nothing
now in thinking about this I am not sure if this is related or not, but the information center in the headliner there are some things there that are not working right either like the compass and some of the things don't want to reset that may not have anything to do with this original issue at all... but no nothing really happened i am going to go out in a bit to check fuses I will know more in a while about that.

Hi Tiny K,
By cluster I mean the electronic instrument cluster itself and other than the fuses I listed the only other common electical connection that is needed is a ground for the cluster unit which I described and to verify that it is indeed connected to chassis metal (ground).
The overhead info center is also part of the digital communication system, so it would be reasonable to consider that both the cluster and it are impaired by a failure of the digital communication system. I hope it is a fuse.
There is a way of diagnosing that communication system but it requires the use of a Chrysler diagnostic readout box-II likely only available at a dealer. If you are in the San Francisco Bay area you could come over here and use mine. But otherwise about all we can do is look for a short/blown fuse/open connection in that system of twisted-pair of wires that couples about a half-dozen modules together. If the engine and transmission are working, and they are part of that system, it may not involve the whole system.
Let me know what you find with the fuses.
Please "rate/nominate" my answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).