Chrysler Repair/'96 Caravan: hard starting

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1996 grand caravan with 3.3l engine while driving down highway it died, No spark, Changed cam and crank sensors as they were original (135,000 miles), Still no spark, after further testing. ecm was bad no ignition coil driver. changed ecm (reman with correct part #), now has spark but when trying to start it sputters but will not run, this van has California emissions. (TLEV). Thanks for any ideas.

ANSWER: Hi Ernie,
That year model is still OBD-I so you should be able to get a fault code readout using the ignition switch. Turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'on', to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to assure an accurate set of counts. Tell me the counts in order of appearance and we'll go from there.
You might want to check the egr valve which may be gummed up and not closing tightly when the engine is shut down. It is located under the throttle body and it has a valve stem hidden behind a flange that is between the round top of the valve and the valve body. The stem has a slot into which you can insert the tip of a screwdriver and move the stem back and forth, against spring-action in one direction that closes the valve. Spray some WD-40 on the stem where it enter the valve body and then work the stem back and forth to loosen up the action.
That may correct the no start.
By the way what is TLEV?
Thanks for the rating and nomination!
Roland

QUESTION: TLEV stands for transitional low emissions vehicle it is California emissions. I will try egr tomorrow as I need to leave for work soon.

Answer
Yes, I see that a leak detection pump was added to the system and is shown in the '96 'supplement' to the service manual. Thanks.
Please let me know is the egr servicing helps, and whether you have any relevant fault codes.
You can rate/nominate again if you so choose.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston