You are here:

Chrysler Repair/99 plymouth breeze: pcm location


i am going to replace the engine control module on a 99 plymouth breeze , i have worked on a few chrysler products but my area of expertise is japanesse imports, i am just curious where the pcm is so i dont pull the tcm out. the number 4 injector driver is bad and i found a place in illinois that repairs them. i know this seems odd but i recently switched proffesions and no longer have my access to all data or mitchel on demand . thanks

Hi James,
The powertrain control module (engine) is next to the power distribution box, and is outboard of that box. It has two plugs on the top surface of it. The transmission control module is inboard of the power distribution box and has a single plug on its inside surface.
Thanks for the rating/nomination so quickly.

Chrysler Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roland Finston


Get a Free Fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2012 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.


Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

Awards and Honors
"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).

©2017 All rights reserved.