Chrysler Repair/acceleration issues

QUESTION: I recently changed out the spark plugs on my chrysler sebring touring and it still wont allow me to accelerate normally and it when it gets close to 65 mph it starts to shake and choke. Also the horn doesn't work and I was thinking that it could be a fuse or relay. What do you think?

ANSWER: What is the year of the vehicle and the body style?
I would get a fault code readout of the engine controller to find an answer for the acceleration problem. I suspect the fuse is blown, but what is the year/body of the vehicle.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me.

QUESTION: It is a 2006 chrysler sebring touring 4dr.

Hi Charles,
Try turning the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If nothing changes, then you need to get a readout for fault codes using a plug in code reader. Some nationwide auto parts stores will do it for free, such as Autozone, or an independent shop will do it for around $40. Get the code numbers, ask what they mean, then let me know, and also tell me which engine you have.
The horn is powered by fuse #8 in the fuse box behind the left end cap of the dash. So check that as the first possibility for why no horn.
Thanks for the rate/ can do both again if you would be so kind.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).