Chrysler Repair/'09 T&C: several body electrical items

We have a 2009 town and country. Certain items are not working. The garage door opener, all reading lights, and the information center in the dashboard are not working. Everything else appears to be working fine. I think I have pulled every fuse and can't seem to find anything wrong. Any ideas?

Hi Jay,
I checked the 2009 manual I have on a CD and find the wiring diagram section to be very difficult to reference to. But the interior lighting is powered by 4 fuses M10, M13, M20, and M34, so check those out. I believe though that there is no specific fuse for just the interior reading lights. Rather those lights are controlled by the body computer which probably also powers other interior lights with the same fuse, which would suggest something is wrong in the switch which tells the body computer that you want the reading lights. A fault code readout might give a clue as to what is wrong. Similarly for the garage door unit and the instrument cluster information center.
Because of the complexity of the electronics my suggestion would be to get a fault code readout of the vehicle and then we can follow-up on those specific items. The ones relevant to your three items are 4-digit numbers preceded by a B. You may be able to get a free code readout at a nationwide auto parts store such as Autozone, or an independent shop will likely do it for around $40.
You could also try a self-test of the instrument cluster to see if the illumination of the information center is working. Press and hold the odometer/trip reset button, turn the ignition switch to the 'run' position (but don't start the engine), then release the button. The cluster will go through  a variety of self tests so watch to see what happens in the information center windows.
Let me know what you learn from these efforts.
I appreciate you rating/nomination and kind remarks.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).