Chrysler Repair/hesitation: 2004 Sebring

Question
2004 sebring 2.7 engine. 260,000ks. feels like no fuel when you strong acceleration. Can accelerate slowly no problem. will cut out sometimes at 90k but very seldom. Believe to be fuel pump but want second opinion.

Answer
Hi Darell,
The best way to get a handle on this is to do a fault code readout of the memory of the engine control module. You might try a nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone which often does the readout for free or go to an independent shop and have it done for about $40. Get the 4-digit fault code numbers, ask what they mean, and what is recommended. Then send me a follow-up question telling me the results and we'll go from there.
Don't guess at the cause and 'throw' parts at the problem. It is unlikely that you can solve this without a code readout.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston