Chrysler Repair/hesitation: 2004 Sebring

2004 sebring 2.7 engine. 260,000ks. feels like no fuel when you strong acceleration. Can accelerate slowly no problem. will cut out sometimes at 90k but very seldom. Believe to be fuel pump but want second opinion.

Hi Darell,
The best way to get a handle on this is to do a fault code readout of the memory of the engine control module. You might try a nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone which often does the readout for free or go to an independent shop and have it done for about $40. Get the 4-digit fault code numbers, ask what they mean, and what is recommended. Then send me a follow-up question telling me the results and we'll go from there.
Don't guess at the cause and 'throw' parts at the problem. It is unlikely that you can solve this without a code readout.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).