Chrysler Repair/Lower Control Arm Bolt Removal: Cirrus

Suspension Cross member
Suspension Cross membe  

Missing Bolt
Missing Bolt  
Continuing on with my bolt problem, I located a missing bolt that attaches the suspension cross member to the body. The picture shows the location near the tie rod connection. The second picture shows the bolt (removed from the right side frame for identification.)

I'm going to install the bolt and see if this helps with the clearance issue for the control arm bolt.

If you have access to shop details, can you provide me the bolt specs (it has a 15mm hex head) and a suggestion on finding a replacement.

Thanks again.

Hi Gary,
The service manual does not generally have specs for suspension bolts/parts. The best place to go would be a Chrysler dealer parts counter for a replacement bolt or at least a spec about it from the parts catalog. I am glad that you noticed this missing bolt and hope that its replacement may improve the geometry of the situation. An auto parts store with a good selection of hardware may also be the place to find an identical bolt to the one that you do have 'in hand'. The code letters and numbers on the bolt head along with the diameter/length/thread pitch is what will likely result in an acceptable replacement.
PS Thanks for the second rating/nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).