Chrysler Repair/Pacifica '06: rear brake pad replacement

Question
Do I need a special tool to move the caliper piston when I change rear brake pads?

Answer
Hi Ken,
There is no special tool but you do want to be careful to not damage the pistons. When removing the caliper you should simply first push the caliper inward to move the piston inward in case you need the space to slide the caliper off the rotor. When installing the new pads you similarly use the new inboard pad to push the piston in further. There are 3 pages in the '06 manual I can copy from a CD and attack to an email that I will send to you directly. Let me know your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address is erased automatically.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston