Chrysler Repair/Pacifica '06: rear brake pad replacement

Do I need a special tool to move the caliper piston when I change rear brake pads?

Hi Ken,
There is no special tool but you do want to be careful to not damage the pistons. When removing the caliper you should simply first push the caliper inward to move the piston inward in case you need the space to slide the caliper off the rotor. When installing the new pads you similarly use the new inboard pad to push the piston in further. There are 3 pages in the '06 manual I can copy from a CD and attack to an email that I will send to you directly. Let me know your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address is erased automatically.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).