Chrysler Repair/no reverse

Question
HI ROLAND, TRANSAXLE STILL REFUSES REVERSE. FORWARD DRIVE ONLY. WITH ENGINE RUNNING, WHEN PLACED INTO REVERSE, NO ACTION. WHEN SELECTING OTHER GEARS, ONLY WANTED TO MOVE FORWARD. AT ONE TIME, BETWEEN PARK, REVERSE, & DRIVE IT REACTED WITH A LOUD CLANGING NOISE, THEN AN ABRUPT BANG, LIKE GEARS LOCKING INTO EACH OTHER. PUT IT BACK INTO PARK, SHUT IT DOWN. HAD TO PLAY A BIT TO FREE UP INTO NEUTRAL SO I COULD PUSH IT OUT OF WAY. TIME TO USE MY GRAND NATIONAL, UNTIL I CAN WORK ON THIS PROBLEM . SEEMS LIKE MAYBE SOMETHING CAME LOOSE, PARKING SPAWL ?  LINKAGE ? VALVE BODY ?  I KIND OF PUT FORWARD DRIVE & REVERSE INTO GEAR BEFORE FULLY STOPPING, IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT ? WONDER IF I CAUSED SOMETHING TO JAR LOOSE ??????? AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, YOUR THOUGHTS ?  ALSO, DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO RETRIEVE CODES, ETC.,

Answer
Hi Ken,
About all I can think of is to drop the main pan and look for debris therein or in the filter above it, which are signs of internal damage that require a rebuild. You might try to find an independent shop that has a Snap-on code reader and the plug to fit the socket under the dash to the right of the steering column. Any applicable fault code number would be the best information as to what are the possible causes and repairs.
I did get the stamps, thanks.
Please rate/nominate.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston