Chrysler Repair/'00 caravan 3.0L: no spark

I have tried crank sensor,dist.pick-up,pcm,relays Still won't fire. Any Ideas?

Hi John,
When you say 'no spark' where have you checked for spark? At the tip of the wire that runs from the spark coil to the distributor cap? or at a spark plug. If only the latter, then check the wire that goes into the distributor cap from the spark coil by holding the tip 1/4" from the cylinder head while a helper cranks. If you have spark there then the rotor or the cap is bad. If no spark from the coil, then check PTC #1 in the row of PTC fuse like devices in the fuse box under the dash. Check fuses 16 and 17 in the power box in the engine compartment. Try removing the ASD relay and jump across from pin 30 to 87 of the relay socket temporarily and then check for spark (30 and 87 are side by side toward the centerline of the box). Finally try the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Watch for the mileage reading to be replaced by any 4-digit number in the odometer window of the cluster.
Let me know what you learn and we'll go from there.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).