Chrysler Repair/'00 Sebring JXi Convertable: AC low pressure (suction) port location

I am trying to find the Low Pressure AC Port

hi Elizabeth,
At the right front corner of the engine compartment look for the heavy duty rubber hose that rises up from AC compressor hidden below alternator and note that the hose then curves rearward and runs toward the firewall. After that curve the hose connects to a smaller diameter metal tube.  About where that metal tubing going toward the firweall crosses the mid-line of the engine (where you see the words "multi-point injection") you will see mounted in that metal line the suction port, facing toward the engine. So it is in "plain view", as they say, and easy to connect with.
That is where to connect the R-134 filler hose to fill the system following the instructions.
Please 'rate/nominate' this answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).