Chrysler Repair/'01 300m cigar/power outlet removal

Question
QUESTION: Hi. I wanted to know how do I remove my cigar lighter to replace it. The fuse is not blown it is just not working anymore. I would also want to know how I would go about this with out electrocuting myself.

ANSWER: HI Quinnera,
If you look inside the power outlet you will see a pair of 'bosses' facing one another. By means of an internal snap ring pliers you engage the hole in each boss, then squeeze the handle of the pliers to allow you to release the outlet from the snap ring into which it is inserted by gently rocking it back and forth. I can copy a couple of pages from the manual that show you how to do this, but I need to know your email address to send you those pages as an attachment. When you tell me your address in a 'follow-up question' don't use the @ symbol, instead us 'at', otherwise the address will be automatically erased. To disconnect the power from the socket simply remove fuse #6 in the power box in the engine compartment while you are doing this task. You can inspect the wires on the socket once you have it removed and if those appear to be carrying the voltage (put the fuse back in to test) then buy a replacement socket. Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Ok and thanks for the copies. It wouldn't let me put it that way  

Answer
Hi Quinerra,
Your email address didn't get through to me. Try it again, only this time click on the box that makes the follow-up question "Private". It should give you that choice. I should then see it and can send the pages right back to you. Thanks for the rating and nomination.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston