Chrysler Repair/'01 Sebring Lx Convertible: power locks/radio/map lights

Hello Roland:

My radio, door locks and map lights are not working - I attempted to remove the "eared" fuse to see if that is blown but cannot seem to get it out of the panel.  I think this sounds like a short somewhere from what I have read of your posts....will Chrysler know how to fix if i bring it to them.  Your wiring instructions are a little detailed for me. :)

Hi Amanda,
The fuse that is common to all those services is the #5 fuse (10 amp) in the fuse box behind the left end-cap of the dash, top row about in the middle. I suspect strongly that it is blown. Rather than pay a shop/dealer see if you can't find a friend with modest auto experience to remove and inspect that fuse if you can't do it yourself. If a new fuse also blows than a friend with a volt-ohm meter can figure out (with my help) which device is shorting out the fuse and we can find out why that is. Let me know what you find.
Please 'rate/nominate' me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).