Chrysler Repair/2003 concord: trans code 1776

Question
I have a concord that came up with some codes .... I think I know what it is .. I'm not an expert & you are... I have to say when places see a women coming they see dollar signs lol .. Well here are the codes P0731 - P 0700 - P 1776... SOLENOID SWITCH & the computer control module ... This is what the car does when I slow down or kick it to go up a hill... It shifts into a low gear I turn it off & back on again it's fine .... I hope you can help me ... Thank you so much...

Answer
Hi Kathy,
The most specific code is the 1776 which points to one of the switch valves in the valve body located inside the transmission is stuck in the low-reverse position and will not move to its other position (the TCC=torque converter clutch).
I would suggest that you seek an independent local transmission shop (not a nationwide franchise type) which knows the Chrysler transmission. You might discuss whether changing out the transmission fluid entirely (a power flush) would have any likelihood of freeing up the valve. The next step would be to drop the pan on the under side of the transmission (which you also have to do to do a power flush) and then remove the valve body and service that switch valve. I would believe that this service can be done without removing the transmission if the shop is knowledgeable. That would be a good deal less expensive than removing the transmission entirely to effect the valve service so try to find a shop that believes that can be accomplished and ideally has a good reputation.
The other two codes are secondary to the 1776 and don't shed any specific light on the issue which is in the valve body. That body is immediately above the pan and the filter so it should be serviceable without disassembling very much of the transmission.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston