Chrysler Repair/92 Labaron 3.0 timing belt.

Hi Roland> First of all thanks for all The help you have given me so far. You are right about the no.1 plug and TDC on my Labaron. fired right up. Now I was getting ready to put it back together when I noticed the timing belt looks like it hanging over the sprockets by about 1/4 inch I'm scared its going to come off. I tried playing with the tensioner to get it to stabilize but I cant seem to find anything that works. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Lloyd W.

Hi Lloyd
All I can think of is to note whether the water pump pulley and tensioner pulley are in the same 'plane' as the three engine sprockets. It could be that the tensioner is tilted slightly or not in the plane and that is why you have this slightly off-center situation.
Thanks for the kind remarks and nomination. You can do both again if you would like to.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).