Chrysler Repair/'99 300m mode door actuator

Question
Dear Roland, I have the actuator out and apart. I held it in place without the cover on and turned the gears to see if the door was stuck and could turn the big gear 2 revolutions which actually turned the shaft approx. 25 degrees. Is that about the correct amount to move the door thru its entire sweep? The door could have been in a jam or the motor on the actuator might not have been making contact, as I was getting code 23 and it would only blow out the defrost. Thanks  Kevin

Answer
Hi Kevin,
There is no info about the rotational movement of any of the actuators. Have you tried to operate the blower and observe the air distribution to determine whether the air distribution goes through the range of outlet positions when you move the shaft by hand through that 25 degree movement range?
That is about all that I can suggest trying at this point. Thanks for the info you shared.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston