Chrysler Repair/'99 300m mode door actuator

Dear Roland, I have the actuator out and apart. I held it in place without the cover on and turned the gears to see if the door was stuck and could turn the big gear 2 revolutions which actually turned the shaft approx. 25 degrees. Is that about the correct amount to move the door thru its entire sweep? The door could have been in a jam or the motor on the actuator might not have been making contact, as I was getting code 23 and it would only blow out the defrost. Thanks  Kevin

Hi Kevin,
There is no info about the rotational movement of any of the actuators. Have you tried to operate the blower and observe the air distribution to determine whether the air distribution goes through the range of outlet positions when you move the shaft by hand through that 25 degree movement range?
That is about all that I can suggest trying at this point. Thanks for the info you shared.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).