Chrysler Repair/Alarm will not disarm:'98 T&C 'no start'

John wrote at 2013-05-24 03:20:04
This was as easy as changing a flat tire on a spring day. The whole thing is over. Thanks.  

A couple of interesting sidelights: the two (2) bcm plugs on this vehicle have removable covers (I was able to easily probe the back side of the plugs without having to pierce the wires). I missed on my first attempt with the resistor, (i.e.,nothing happened).  Second attempt, I made sure the resistor contacted the two pins.  Immediately, I heard a relay click in the vicinity of the bcm.  That's when I knew the deed was done.  Additionally, and FYI, this "1998" vehicle is equipped with the "three-strikes-provision" that you referenced in another post(three attempts to start the vehicle while the alarm is armed deactivates the starter motor circuit for awhile).  Also, neither the Power Distribution Box (PDB)in the engine compartment, nor the Owners Manual, show a numbering sequence for the fuses in the PDB.  However, the owners manual does mention "fuse 28" in the PDB, and shows its location in the PDB.  The fuse numbering sequence for the fusebox under the dash is shown in the owners manual.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).