Chrysler Repair/jeep won't start

Question
QUESTION: odom goes out when lights are turned on

ANSWER: Hi Rox,
What is the year/make/model/engine? Do you mean the starter won't activate or that it does but the engine won't 'catch' and run? By "odom goes out when lights are turned on" do you mean that the reading disappears entirely? and which lights turning 'on' causes this to happen?
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'pool'. Let me know the history of the problem, if anything might be relevant.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Roland

QUESTION: 2000 jeep cherokee just cranks and cranks like no gas or spark changed crank sensor and cam sensor still just cranks but no start when you turn lights on the odom and clock goes out completly  towed to garage saturday 450 bucks later and could not fix it is now at chrysler dealer 57 bucks to do diagnostic waiting now starter good fuel pump good with presure got spark

Answer
Hi Rox,
I suspect a fuel/air mixture problem, and that it may be that your exhaust gas recirculation valve is stuck slightly ajar which then leans out the mixture too much to sustain an idle. So check out that possibility by spraying some WD-40 on the valve stem where it enters the valve body and then move the stem back and forth against internal spring-action which is trying to close that valve tightly. I don't have manual for '00 model year of Jeep so can't provide any other specifics. But I have seen many No Start with no codes, and with fuel and spark, that are due to the egr valve.
Please 'rate/nominate/ my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston