Chrysler Repair/liftgate 'too cold to operate': '08 Pacifica

Question
QUESTION: outside temp is 90 plus remote/overhead switch does not work for liftgate.liftgate does open manually. message board indicates tto cold to operate. at same time,the ac is not blowing cold air.also the driver side window will work in the auto position. however,when the liftgate remote does work temporally,the window will not work in the auto position. i'm assuming a computer or sensor issue. thanks

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
What is the year/make/model of the vehicle? Did these problems all begin at the same time?
Where is the message board positioned and when/how did that message appear? Did it just show up or was there some sort of a fault code readout requested?
Roland

QUESTION: The car is 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Ltd w/4.0 engine.  Symptoms all showed up at once, and there was no read-out.  Please reply.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Mike,
You have described three problem areas but I do not see a reason why they are related to one another. The liftgate issue is one, the a/c not blowing cold air is another, the driver side window is another.
The liftgate message suggests that there is a problem with either the temperature sensor/tailgate chime unit or the sensor wiring to the liftgate control module nearby.  Start by checking fuses #4 and #11 in the main power box. The temperature sensor is located in the 'light bar' (it is powered out of the license lamp plug) on the lift gate and I have the pages that describe how to remove the sensor if you would like to try replacing that and also the pages that show its wiring, and I can copy and attach those pages to an email I would send to you directly.
Alternatively if you want to get more specifics as to whether it is the sensor or the wiring you could try to get a fault code readout from the body control module/lift gate control module using a higher level diagnostic readout box...but that would involve paying either a good shop or a dealer to do the readout. You can investigate at the dealer parts counter what is the cost of the temperature sensor/chime unit and compare that to the cost of the readout + cost of the wiring repair and make a decision on which way to go.
But with the pages I send  you should be able to get to the bottom of this.
The a/c not blowing cold air may simply be a loss of refrigerant to the extent that the compressor will not allow itself to be activated until more refrigerant is put in the unit.
On the power window operation, I would deal with that after the liftgate problem is resolved as that may also resolve the window problem.
If you want the pages showing the wiring and about removing the sensor/chime tell me your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address will be erased from your follow-up question that you send to me.
Please 'rate/nominate' this answer and me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston