Chrysler Repair/P0743 Trouble Code on 2002 Dodge Intrepit

Question
My 2002 Dodge Intrepid with a 2.7 V6 engine is showing TCM code P0743 problem code. I belive this is pointing to the torque converter solenoid.  Where is the solenoid located and how do I change it?

Answer
Hi Tony,
The closest manual I have is an '02 minivan and for the O743 the title and description are Torque Converter clutch solenoid/trans relay circuits and "An open or shorted condition detected in the torque converter clutch solenoid control circuit. The clutch solenoid is located in the valve body of the transmission which is accessible by dropping the pan, removing the filter, and then removing the valve body/transmission range sensor unit. Unfortunately I don't have the detailed procedure of how to check through this particular code for that transmission. However it does appear that in the similar transmission in the import vehicles the procedure involves first checking out the electrical aspects of the solenoid circuit using a diagnostic readout box and if nothing is wrong with that then to remove the valve body and service the L-R/TCC solenoid itself. I wish I had more to share with you.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston