Chrysler Repair/P1698 code

Question
Hi, I just bought a 2001 dodge neon w/164k on a 2.0 auto. I would like to know what it is and how to fix it. From what I have found so far the code means no CCD messages received from pcm. Is this a wiring problem or something else.

Answer
Hi Bob,
Do you notice anything is wrong with the way the transmission is working, or the speedometer/odometer of the cluster? If not, this may very well be a 'stale' code. You can erase the code by disconnecting the battery for a minute but then when you re-check it will have a new code, P1684, saying that the battery was disconnected and which will self-erase after 50 engine starts.
Drive the car for a while and see whether the 1698 returns. That code says that digital info from the transmission control module is not being received over the digital network. That, if so, could be due to a poor wire connection at either end of the tcm harness, or a defective tcm. But were that the case you would expect there to be some symptoms or a problem that are obvious.
So try what I suggested and do a 'watchful wait' for further manifestations of a problem traceable to the tcm or its circuits.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston