Chrysler Repair/power seat back recliner: Pacifica

Question
QUESTION: left (driver) seat has memory. seat is fully reclined and wont come up. I have checked the door switch. could it be motor or memory module. problem occured when trying to access memory 1 button. all other functions work. recline will occasionally work for only minimal movement then stop working again.

ANSWER: What is the year/make/model/body style of the vehicle?

QUESTION: 2005 Chrysler Pacifica touring

left (driver) seat has memory. seat is fully reclined and wont come up. I have checked the door switch. could it be motor or memory module. problem occured when trying to access memory 1 button. all other functions work. recline will occasionally work for only minimal movement then stop working again.

ANSWER: Hi Layne,
The manual has a couple of pages that describe the recliner system. The only simple possibility has to do with the overall electrical system being less than 11.5 volts so if you have a weak battery or a battery warning lamp that is 'on' then correcting that would be appropriate. The system is mediated by the digital communication system and for that reason there is a self-diagnostic capability. That is accessed via either a Chrysler Diagnostic readout box III or a similar advanced level readout device. There about 50 possible fault codes related to the power seat and there is a separate "body" diagnostic manual that addresses each of those possible codes. You need to get a fault code readout of the system which you might be able to get for free at a nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone, or at an independent shop for about $40. Once you have a fault code that is relevant to the power seat let me know the name of the code and I can send the pages that show how to address that specific code.  
I can copy the 2 pages of the manual that describe in detail what I have summarized. I need to know your email address to attach those pages to an email I would send to you directly. When you tell me that address in a 'follow-up question' don't use the @ symbol, rather use 'at', otherwise the program will erase the address from you message. Alternatively, make the question 'private' and then you can use the @ symbol.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: QUESTION: 2005 Chrysler Pacifica touring

left (driver) seat has memory. seat is fully reclined and wont come up. I have checked the door switch. could it be motor or memory module. problem occured when trying to access memory 1 button. all other functions work. recline will occasionally work for only minimal movement then stop working again

there are no codes (checked at AutoZone) and no batt power problems

Answer
Hi Layne,
It is possible/probable? that the type of reader used at Autozone may not be capable of reading out the memory of the power seat/adjustable pedal module and/or the body computer. I would believe that the malfunction you described would have been detected.  So I would suggest an independent shop with a more sophisticated code reader to get the code. They might charge around $40 but be sure their reader is good enough to get the codes, or a Chrysler dealer may charge more like $80 for the readout.
If you want those 2 pages by email let me know your email address as described above. You might at least remove the panel that covers the motor and inspect the mechanism to see if any thing is obstructing the movement.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston