Chrysler Repair/running problems after engine work

QUESTION: I have a 04 pt cruiser running great . I did a timming belt ,water pump , tinsioner n ilde pully . And after allssaid n done it running bad . Before I start it roll the engine over n all my marks was the same . It idle bad . No vacuum leaks no miss fire no injector foul out . Just dont know what it can be before I send it to the dealer . Note I do work n a shop n the master tech cant find either

ANSWER: Hi Wilbert,
Have you tried for a fault code readout? Let me know what that showed, if anything or nothing.
That is the first thing to do. Other than that, I would go over all of the vacuum hoses/lines that are shown on the sticker on the underside of the hood to see if you might have left one of them disconnected.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

QUESTION: We did that check vaccum hoses n thier no codes coming up  it idle on it on but it feels like it has a misfire but thier no misfire counters

Hi Wilbert,
How did you do the code readout:
1. via the ignition key and reading the odometer window? If so, did it 'done' which verifies that it did do the readout?
2. via a plug in code reader, and did it verify that it actually did the readout?
If you can sense a 'miss' then I have to believe the pcm would detect it and give a code around 0300 to 0304 which are 'miss codes'.
You didn't tell me which engine you have, so I would suggest that you recheck the timing marks to be sure they are as specified in the manual. I have the '04 manual so can answer any questions you might have about your specific engine.
Thanks for the rating of my first answer. If you would be so kind as to do that again but this time also give me a 'nomination' for 'volunteer of the month' I would appreciate that.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).