Chrysler Repair/'02 300M 3.5 v6 starter removal

Question
I have an 02 chrysler 300m 3.5l v6 high output that wont start it makes one click then nothing. its not the battery had that checked at autozone. My brother works for chrysler but works 2nd and 3rd shift and not able to come help right now but he said it sounds like the starter. So I'm trying to get it out and it seems stuck I tried following ur answer from a prior question lifting the mount and it is still not fitting through the space you advised. Any other options? Please help. ..

Answer
Hi Krystle,
Is the click 'loud', i.e. the starter solenoid itself(not the starter relay)? If so and the battery is good then it does sound like the starter. You could try tapping with a hammer on the side of the starter while a helper tries to start it if you wanted to possibly get it going in order to move the vehicle to a different location.
If not then:
Disconnect - post battery cable, jack up car.
Remove the three bolts that hold the starter motor in place. Note there is a spacer.
Remove battery + wire from starter (having previously disconnected the battery)
Remove starter solenoid assembly from the transmission housing
Position starter to gain access to other wiring connector
Slightly lift the engine with jack to relieve pressure on left engine mount
Remove left engine mount bolts from engine block
Jack up engine slightly more to give access for starter removal
Slide rear of starter out between catalytic converter and engine mount
Disconnect the other wiring connector
Install is the reverse except put on batter feed and solenoid wires first
Then jack up engine (if lowered) to give clearance
Install starter, attach all 3 bolts and torque them properly to 40 foot pounds
Install mount bolts to engine
Install starter solenoid assembly to trans, put on final wiring connector
Lower vehicle, reconnect battery.
That is from the '04 manual. I hope this helps.
Please read the PS (below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston