Chrysler Repair/2002 Chrysler 300m 3.5 noise

Hello Roland,
Sorry for not clicking button b-4, I was sidetracked by my 7 yr. old daughter. #1 bearing spun, #2 was pitted badly and all others were great. decided to replace all since I was in there. That is what the torque specs were needed for. Crank still good, piston rod good. Fairly straight forward process so don't know what the new issue is stemming from. Stretched piston rod? if that is possible, don't know. Metal shavings clogged something up? I cleaned everything out very well and even when I dropped pan for the 2nd and 3rd time there was NO metal dust. I,m just getting very frustrated at this point and thrown all my knowledge at it PLUS yours and still @ square 1. My email is
paulperlongo at for specs. Thank you again for all your knowledge and help. Definitely pick of the month in my book. Paul

Hi Paul,
I am correct in thinking that you don't have the pages from the Chrysler shop manual about those crank shaft bearing change-outs? Anything else changed out other than the main bearings? Let me know if other bearings/parts were changed. I will send the pages about the mains to you this afternoon.
Thanks for the nomination, and you have one more chance to do it! (after that, they aren't counted). Thanks for your support.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).