Chrysler Repair/AC clutch relay, pressure transducer reading

Question
QUESTION: Hi Roland. Can you tell me where the AC clutch relay is located on a 2008 Sebring LX 4 cylinder? Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Paul,
My most recent manual for the Sebring conv./sedan is for '06 but I firmly believe that you would find the ac clutch relay in the power distribution center box in the engine compartment on the driver side. In the '06 there were 5 smaller relay sockets just in front of four large relay sockets at the rear of the box. and the ac clutch relay is the next to the inboard-most relay in that row of 5. I am certain it is in the box, in any case, and the lid or the interior will probably label the purpose of each. If you aren't getting compressor action my first thought would be that you are too low on refrigerant in the system as the relay will only be activated when the pressure sensing switch is at an acceptable pressure level.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Thanks Roland. In terms of the refrigerant level- Without the compressor running, the pressure in the system is maxed out. Can I still safely add refrigerant, without damaging the system? Thanks.

Answer
Hi Paul,
That pressure switch also will defeat the relay's operation if there is too high a pressure in the system. So if it is maxed out already the strategy would be to release some of it to get in the acceptable level.
The voltage reading between the black/light blue and the dark blue wires on pins 1 and 3 of the pressure transducer that is located on top of the compressor at the rear of it should be somewhere between 0.451 and 4.519 volts to 'allow' the clutch to close. Too low or too high a voltage indicates pressure either too low or too high in the system.
Roland
PS Thanks for the rating/nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston