Chrysler Repair/alternator: 2.4L

I have a 2010 2.4l sebring I took out the alternator to have it fixed, but i had a hard time taking it out of the engine is there an easier way to put it back in? and also the bottom bolt doesn't seem to bolt anywhere am i missing something?

Hi Rudy,
In the '06 manual (the most recent I have for the Sebring) the two suggestions were to jack up the right front and then remove the splash shield between the right wheel well and the engine compartment. Then after the drive belt is removed also remove the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor from the intake manifold to give you better access. I didn't see any details about the bottom bolt unfortunately but perhaps the mounting bracket has a threaded socket into which the bolt is inserted. Please 'rate/nominate' this answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).