Chrysler Repair/Clockspring: '97 minivan

my horn don;t work and im scare to take it apart because of the airbag the alarm work with the horn and that do work

Hi Jose,
The airbag will be safe to remove if you begin the procedure by disconnecting the - post clamp from the battery, and then wait for 2 minutes.
Be sure that the tires are pointing straight ahead, even before you disconnect the battery. Disconnect the battery, wait 2 minutes. Then you can remove the airbag and its connectors, the steering wheel, the shrouds on the steering column. Finally disconnect the 2- and 4-way wires from the clockspring  to the instrument panel, and finally depress the two tabs on the clockspring to remove it for replacement.
The new clockspring must be 'centered' in its range of rotation when it is installed. Disengage the two tabs that lock the clockspring. Rotate clockspring rotor clockwise until it stops, but don't use excessive force. Then rotate the rotor 3 turns counterclockwise, the wires should be on the top, then release the locking pins to engage clock spring lock mechanism. Install the wire connections, the steering wheel and the air bag module. Then reconnect the battery.
I can photocopy the pages that show this and postal mail them to you. Tell me your postal mailing address if you would like me to do that.
Please 'rate' my answer, and give me a 'nomination' (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).